- Criminals are more likely to commit fraud during the workweek. Three a.m. is the “fraudiest” time of day.
- Accounts less than three days old are three times more likely to be fraudulent.
- Purchases less than $20 are more than twice as likely to be fraudulent.
- People over the age of 85 are the most targeted.
- Delaware, Florida, Nevada, Alaska, or Arizona have the highest rates of online fraud
Source: Sift Science
Don’t miss out on the powerful fraud protection that is included with MCFCU Debit/Checking Account through ID Protect®. Find out more and register your account by clicking here.